COVID - 19 Acknowledgment and Management
Dear Participant, families, Guardians and Colleagues
I am writing to you in response to global concerns regarding the Covid-19 epidemic.
As a provider delivering supports to vulnerable people, we are aware that you might have some concerns about the impact that COVID-19 (also referred to as Coronavirus) may have on your service delivery.
I want to reassure you that Brighter Access are committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of all our Participants, their families and our staff. At the time of writing this letter, Brighter Access has not received any reports of COVID-19 in any of our services. Brighter Access is actively engaging relevant Public Health Authorities to direct our decision making in relation to prevention, containment and continuity of supports.
In line with this Brighter Access has:
• Reviewed and updated its Infection Control Protocol and ensuring correct use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Implemented mandatory training for all employees in relation to prevention and containment of COVID-19
• Hand sanitisers are available at all Brighter Access sites to be used on entry
• Increase of visual signage in relation to infection control etiquette
• Communication strategies are being developed to support social distancing
• All meetings with external stakeholders will be conducted via telephone, Skype or similar.
In addition to this we are requesting:
• Anyone who is feeling unwell, including community members, participants and staff, to stay home and seek medical advice.
• Anyone returning from overseas complete self-isolation for 14 days before returning to Brighter Access sites.
• Commit to social distancing particularly for vulnerable or “at Risk” participants.
• We encourage you to stay connected with us Via phone, Skype or similar.
• Your understanding and ask you communicate with management if you have concerns, not with direct support workers.
Suspected cases of COVID-19: If you, or a Brighter Access Participant believe you have contracted COVID-19 or been exposed to the virus, please report this to:
• Telephone: 02 67225548
To stay up to date please monitor the NSW Health website.
Thank you for your continued commitment to Brighter Access and supporting us with these preventative measures. The team at Brighter Access will keep you up to date as these important Health matter progress.
Chief Executive Officer
Building a Brighter Future for All
Brighter Access is a person centered organisation, with a strong belief in our Vision, Mission & Values.
We are constantly growing, changing and developing our support and approach to care, participants and families.
Everyone from supports staff, to wonderful volunteers and participants are part of the Brighter Access family. We grew from family and continue to live the philosophy of our small homegrown beginnings.
We understand that every person and family is unique, and are proud of our ability to provide individualised support. We have an opened minded outlook and are willing to think outside the box in our approach.
It is our goal to support you, and your family to have the best life you can.
WE GET IT.
WE GET YOU.
ON YOUR SIDE.